Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-Changes!

In the last 2 weeks I've made a lot of changes for good. I've switched to a natural deodorant, natural toothpaste and mouthwash, & a Lush shampoo bar (don't even need conditioner with it on my bleached-to-straw hair). I went to MEC last night and spent $100 on bike accessories; that hasn't gone well so far.
I figured that the chain on my bike was falling off so it needed a couple of links taken off. WELL. If you know nothing about bikes don't take them apart. Lesson learned. I've now bought a new chain, haven't put it on yet but I can still ride it just not on the 2 highest gears. The mudflaps the guy at MEC told me to get don't fit mountain bike tires and the rack to mount my panier on both didn't come with enough nuts & the bolts are too short to mount to the rear axle thing.
I'm a bit frustrated right now but grateful for Chris at work who is an awe-inspiring downhill & extreme mountain biker. He brought his tools to work today, overhauled my bike and did maintenance on everyone else's in the parking lot.
If I get up on time tomorrow morning I'll bike to work and I will try to remember to not touch my left gear-shift.
DIY gone bad.

On a good note: the natural deodorant is working. Must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

No comments: