Saturday, November 15, 2008

Was it something I said?



Dear My Left Kidney,

I'm sorry I hurt you, I'm not really sure what I did. I know you feel better now, but we still have to go for at least one more round of IV antibiotics. We'll know tomorrow hopefully if this is it or not, but the doctors in emergency at Burnaby General still haven't gotten the culture back from the people who make a living spreading bodily fluids on petri dishes. Guess bacteria don't grow all that fast.

They say we're on the "Big Guns" of the world of antibiotics... Sounds like I'll need a big bottle of probiotics by the time this is finished. I guess at least I'm getting an involuntary vacation from work. Too bad I didn't think to bring the power chord for my computer home on Thursday night.

Next time I think I'm getting a UTI (my first in 10 years or so) maybe I'll go straight to the doctor instead of self-medicating with cranberry juice? Damn it. Score one for modern medicine... I'll get you one day.

Well, Left Kidney dearest, I promise to try my best to stop living in a constant state of dehydration. I can't help that I'm never thirsty and don't like water but at least I'll poot my best foot forward after this so we don't go through the pain of our entire body feeling like it's under attack again. Who knew that if you were infected I'd also get a sore throat, swollen glands, and an earache? Weird.

I love you Left Kidney (and your friend on the Right too), don't you ever forget that.

Yours in sickness and in health,

Lisa
xox

1 comment:

desdemona said...

oh, you poor babe! don't go getting uti's no mo'. and no more iv's neither.