Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year

So, when I think of Christmas it's not the snow-covered tree images or twinkle lights I envision but empty wallets, full-contact shopping and muddy slush on the roads. I know, I know, I'm the Grinch or whatever. So this year I'm not really buying Christmas like I have in the past. Most everyone on my list is getting handcrafted items and they had better love them because I've literally lost blood over them.

All sarcasm aside:
I'm feeling quite satisfied already with the lack of spending and hope my friends do the same (though I lovelovelove what Xixi got me and can hardly wait till it's mine, all mine!).
So until that fateful eve when eyes light up peeking under the tree, I will plug along every evening slaving over the gifts I'm making for my more than amazing friends and family who deserve my time and effort.

1 comment:

Caexars said...

Come to VanDusen with me.