Monday, December 31, 2007

Here's to a Sweet New Year!


So in old Jewish tradition, at Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year) one dips slices of Apples in Honey to bring a sweet New Year. Though it's not Rosh Hashana right now (lately it's been around September or October) I still divulge in this sweet treat for the Christian Calendar New Year.

You may have noticed the name of my blog is "Apples n Honey", this is not done to show my Jewish half but is a pun on my relationship with the fiance. In German my last name means "Appletree" and my fiance's last name is "Honey". I'm not sure what happened cosmically to bring us together but it's pretty cool if you ask me! I've been toying with the idea of playing this up as a wedding theme, it would probably make my Dad happy since it would be the only "Jewish" part of our ceremony but still a pretty meaningful one. We would usher in a sweet life together with all of our friends and family PLUS it would be a pretty inexpensive dessert.

1 comment:

desdemona said...

that's the cutest - an inexpensive dessert! and i'm gonna try that treat in honour of you. i'm drinking my emergen-c right now. thank you!